Monday 9 November 2009

A very welcome 'Thank You'


I was very pleasantly surprised to read a thank you to me on page 5 of the Teignmouth Post on Friday. I helped Vicky who runs a Teignmouth pet shop - Animal Allsorts, get her business rates reduced from £5,200 to £3,900 (which means Vicky can apply for Small Business Rate Relief and save more). Helping people with problems is one of the most rewarding parts of being a councillor. I don’t restrict myself to council issues; for many people dealing with bureaucracy is beguiling at the best of times. It is really the most important work I do as a councillor, and yet it goes (for obvious reasons) largely unseen. So a bit of public recognision is welcome, most people's perseption of a councillor's work is dry meetings in dusty council chambers.

No comments:

Planting at the Station

Big thank you to Cllrs Dan Comer, David Cox and great volunteers.Shout out to everyone who is willing to help with the planting at the Stati...